Heaton hoping to make up for lost time

Piseth2981

Heaton hoping to make up for lost time

Сообщение Piseth2981 » 07 июн 2018, 10:17

Изображение

Clarets captain Tom Heaton admits he desperate to make up for lost time, after injury and the form of Nick Pope effectively wrote off his season.

While the 32-year-old is looking sbobet168 forward to locking horns with team mate Pope again once the World Cup has reached its conclusion, the England international accepts one of the two will be left disappointed, and is determined to make sure it is not him. Heaton is on England’s standby list for Russia, having made only four starts at the start of the season before suffering a shoulder injury against Crystal Palace at Turf Moor in September. And he’s ready to challenge Burnley’s Player of the Year for the number one spot. The pair were reunited at St George’s Park last week, working alongside Jordan Pickford and Jack Butland, as the squad finalised their preparations for the tournament with friendlies against Nigeria at Wembley and Costa Rica at Elland Road. With Pope named in the 23-man squad, Heaton said: “I’m delighted for him. We have a fantastic relationship, we really enjoy each others company and we enjoy competing against each other. “He’s been absolutely outstanding this season and he deserves his slot. I’ve enjoyed sbobet168 working with him this week. That starts again in pre-season. “I’m made up for him to be there and from my point of view I’m enjoying being part of it and looking forward to locking horns again next season.

“It’s no surprise [how well he’s done] for us inside the building, we saw it day in and day out. You just need the platform to do it sometimes and he got that when I got injured.” He added: “He took his opportunity and hasn’t looked back. It’s a great story for him and a great journey he’s 
been on. “The challenge is what it is, it speaks for itself. I don’t want to not play, he doesn’t want to not play. “That’s the situation, you can’t come away from that. I’ve missed most of this year and from my point of view I don’t want to miss much more. I’d imagine he feels the same.” sbobet168

Вернуться в «Поговорим...»